TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. You must be 18 years of age or older to make a booking. It is important you understand and agree with the following terms and conditions. You should not proceed with any purchase or booking unless you do.
By confirming your holiday with Holiday Rewards you agree to adhere to and be bound by each individual supplier’s terms and conditions and the terms and conditions imposed by Holiday Rewards
We act as an agent only. We offer a range of travel services (which may include but are not limited to flights, accommodation, cruise liner services, coach and rail services) on behalf of others who provide those services. Our duties to you are limited to arranging bookings on your behalf with those service providers. We are not responsible for providing those services to you, or for the standard of any service provided. If a service provider fails to provide you with a service, or you are not satisfied with the standard of any service provided, you agree that your only rights are directly against the service provider and not against us. You agree that we are not liable to you for any losses that you suffer in those circumstances, and that you will not claim against us (directly or indirectly) any refund, credit or other compensation. You agree that any money that you have paid to us will not be held on trust for you, but will be used by us to make payment to the service providers to secure the booking for your travel services.
- Cancellation- Should you cancel your booking after full payment is made, no refund applies. Resort extras are also non-refundable and cannot be amended after your booking has been confirmed. However, you can amend your booking dates for your holiday as often as you require, subject to supplier approval, for a processing fee of $25, up to 35 days prior to your arrival date. You can also transfer your accommodation booking to another party, without penalty or incurring amendment fees outside 35 days of arrival. For accommodation bookings name amendments will be permitted within 35 days of arrival at your booked accommodation.
- Rates and prices quoted in print or on the website and quoted by our reservations personnel are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. The price is only confirmed when final payment has been received by us. Price changes may occur at any time by reason of matters outside our control which increase the cost of the product or the service provided by the suppliers. Such factors include but are not limited to adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, price increases made by our suppliers, taxes and airfare increases. Any price increase that is outside our control will be added to your account and is payable no later than 60 days from departure. Rates and prices do not include any costs incurred en route to and from the destination, meals and/or alcoholic beverages (unless specified), telephone calls, items of a personal nature, and personal services not specified as being included in costs on the relevant web pages for each supplier’s product. Where gratuities are included in the price of a cruise, this refers to cruise gratuities only. On board credit for use on board the ship and amount is per cabin based on twin share.
- The Terms and Conditions relating to the promotion and redemption of each Holiday Rewards are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- The Holiday Rewards promotion offers a “Best Rate Guarantee” for accommodation offers. If you find, at the time of booking, a lower rate than the Holiday Rewards “Best Flexible Rate” for the same booking, we will match this price and reduce the amount of Holiday Rewards required to complete your booking. A written quote must be presented prior to booking, be less than 24 hours old and from an Australian registered business and/or website. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to Holiday Rewards holders who work for or are associated with other Australian registered travel business.
- The “Best Flexible Rate” is the best rate in the market place available to consumers for a particular booking, allowing for the same booking flexibilities and/or restrictions as determined by RewardsCorp or advised by the hotel or resort.
- The rates and information provided in promotional brochures and on the www.holiday-rewards.co.nz website are correct at the time of publication. RewardsCorp reserves the right to amend rates and conditions or withdraw product without notice.
CLAIMING YOUR HOLIDAY REWARDS
- Each Holiday Rewards is provided by the participating Promoter (the business or other entity promoting the Holiday Rewards) at its sole discretion, and only during the promotion dates determined by the Promoter.
- You or the Promoter must register, as specified by the Promoter, to activate your Holiday Rewards.
REDEEMING YOUR HOLIDAY REWARDS
- All enquiries and redemptions must be made through Holiday Rewards on 0508 438 292 or online at holiday-rewards.co.nz
- Your Holiday Rewards do not expire providing you transact (Use or Earn) at least once during a 24-month period. Check your online account for specific dates or you can find the validity dates on your Holiday Rewards Certificate (if provided).
- Holiday Rewards is fully transferable to family, friends, work colleagues and personnel, but cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged, redeemed for cash, or promoted as an incentive or reward by any third party as an inducement for any person or other entity to enter into any commercial arrangements with that third party. If any Holiday Rewards have been obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured.
- Holiday Rewards can be applied as a partial payment only towards the published or discounted rates:
- displayed on the website www.holiday-rewards.co.nz
- or featured in the RewardsCorp brochure “Holiday Rewards”
- or as notified by a consultant via telephone, email or fax.
- Use of all promotion partners is subject to availability and booking. Prices and the information contained on the website www.holiday-rewards.co.nz and the RewardsCorp brochure, “Holiday Rewards” or as notified by a call centre consultant via telephone, email or fax are subject to change without notice.
- Accommodation – The number of nights that you can stay at each resort will vary, depending on the resort selected. The total amount of your Holiday Rewards that can be applied towards an accommodation booking is dependent on the resort selected, its location, the type of room selected and the number of nights selected.
- Leisure and tourism products (other than accommodation) – The total amount of Holiday Rewards that can be applied towards the purchase of vouchers or bookings for leisure and tourism products is dependent on the leisure and tourism product selected, its location, the type selected and the inclusions on offer.
- You will be required to pay the amount that remains outstanding in relation to each booking. The amount of Holiday Rewards that can be applied and the amounts outstanding that will be payable is available at www.holiday-rewards.co.nz or by contacting a consultant on 0508 438 292.
- Where the value of your booking is less than the total value of the Holiday Rewards you hold, the unused portion of the Holiday Rewards will be provided to you as a Credit for that amount, and can be used for future Holiday Rewards bookings. A Credit is subject to the same Terms and Conditions as a Holiday Rewards.
- Holiday Rewards cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion available through participating suppliers.
FLIGHT VOUCHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- When you purchase a flight voucher you are entitled to get that value off your air ticket when you purchase a return trip departing Australian airports. Further details are listed on each flight voucher.
- Flight vouchers are based on specific airfare and class availability. Flight vouchers may not be redeemable on all flights, please inquire with a Holiday Rewards consultant for further details and availability.
- Flight vouchers are non-transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash and is valid for new bookings only. One voucher per return ticket can be redeemed when balance of ticket is paid in full at time of purchase.
- Frequent Flyer? Great work! Make sure you advise your Travel Expert of your frequent flyer membership details for inclusion in your booking. Please check your frequent flyer program for the specific terms of your membership. We cannot guarantee that the supplier will credit you with points for your booking however you can contact your program direct for this information
- Holiday Rewards holders are encouraged to book as early as possible to secure your preferred dates. Acceptance of your booking is subject to each participating resort’s standard conditions of acceptance of guests including but not limited to conditions in relation to booking, occupancy, payment and checkout that apply at all times. Other leisure and tourism products – acceptance of your booking is subject to each participating leisure and tourism product supplier’s standard terms and conditions
- Package bookings: Your airline or package booking is subject to the availability of the actual rooms provided by the resort and/or seats provided by the participating airline for the specific promotional offer that you are responding to. Each promotional offer is limited to a certain number of customers. We secure more than the required allocation of rooms and airline seats for each promotional offer, however there is no certainty that your preferred travel dates, rooms and airline seats will be available on any given day. You acknowledge that booking available rooms and airline seats is on a “first come first serve” basis. On the rare occasion, where we are unable to confirm your preferred dates, room and/or seats we reserve the right to offer you a comparable alternate, which may be at an additional cost. Only once you have received your itinerary are all components within your package confirmed. You agree that you shall have no claim against us if your preferred dates, rooms and/or airline seats are not available.
- In the event of a situation whereby RewardsCorp or the resort cannot provide booked accommodation as previously confirmed, for whatever reason, RewardsCorp will undertake to either refund the ‘you pay’ rate and all rewards used or relocate clients into an alternative resort of comparable grading at no expense to the client. Should there not be a resort of comparable grading in the vicinity of the original booking, it may be required to provide clients with a resort of a lesser grading. If this is the case, any reduction in costs will be refunded to the client. The alternatives offered are at RewardsCorp discretion. Should the client wish to choose a property of a standard other than offered under this condition, then the client will be required to pay any difference.
- In the event of a situation whereby RewardsCorp or the leisure and tourism product supplier cannot provide the leisure and tourism product as previously confirmed, for whatever reason, the client should refer to the booking terms and conditions of the leisure and tourism product supplier
- For international packages including airfares and cruises, payment terms will be advised at the time of booking by our travel consultants and rates may fluctuate due to exchange rates.
- Payment can be made by cheque, money order, bank transfer or credit card (Credit card surcharges apply and range between 0.17%- 0.81%, this surcharge will be advised on request and at time of charging).
- Book Now Pay Later is available for any booking excluding non-flexible, non-refundable and non-cancellation bookings and it must be booked by speaking with one of our consultants by contacting us (bookings cannot be made online). A $50 non-refundable deposit is required at time of voucher purchase reservation to hold your booking. You are able to pay the balance in one or multiple payments. Final payment must be made no later than 60 days after your initial deposit or prior to 30 days before use, whichever comes first. If full payment has not been received before 30 days prior to use the booking will be automatically cancelled and your deposit will be forfeited. The only method of payment for bookings made inside of 35 days of departure is via credit card. Amendments to your booking are permitted however normal terms and conditions apply.
CANCELLATIONS AND AMENDMENTS
- Accommodation & Packages including airfares and Cruise – Should you cancel your booking after full payment is made, no refund applies. Resort extras are also non-refundable and cannot be amended after your booking has been confirmed. However, you can amend your booking dates for your selected holiday, subject to supplier approval, as often as you require for a processing fee of $25, up to 35 days prior to your arrival date. You can also transfer your accommodation booking to another party, without penalty or incurring amendment fees outside 35 days of arrival. On accommodation bookings only name amendments will be permitted within 35 days of arrival at your booked accommodation. No cancellations or amendments are permitted for “Last minute specials”. At the sole discretion of RewardsCorp, and subject to the booked resort and the specific room inventory being utilised for another booking, cancellations and date changes may be permitted within 35 days prior to your booked arrival date, subject to a $100 fee.
- Non-flexible, non-refundable and non-cancellation rates must be prepaid in full at the time of booking and are subject to availability. Bookings are only confirmed once full payment has been received. If you choose to change or cancel this booking you will not be refunded any of the payment. No amendments or name changes can be made to these category bookings.
- Other leisure and tourism products – Should you cancel your booking after full payment is made, no refund applies.
- We do not accept any liability, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for any act or omission of those travel service providers including their failure to provide a service whether through their negligence or otherwise. We do not make any representation about the standard of the services to be provided by third parties, and we accept no liability in that regard. We do not accept any liability, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for any injury, losses, expenses, delays or inconvenience suffered by you in connection with your booking or your travel services, caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part or unless our liability is prescribed by legislation which cannot be excluded. Where our liability cannot be excluded, our liability is limited to the amount that you have paid for your travel services.
- In the event of war, terrorism, political or civil unrest, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter and RewardsCorp reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer or individual Holiday Rewards.
- You are responsible for all additional expenses, not including in your booking, such as spending money, mini bar, additional meals and any and all ancillary costs incurred in order to take advantage of your booking.
- Taxes, Fees & other charges: Taxes, fees, additional levies and government charges may apply, and are beyond our control and may change at any time. Taxes and Fees charged and collected by the airline(s) are only confirmed once your ticket is issued. Australian departure tax is recorded on your ticket as being paid. There are still some countries where taxes are paid upon arrival and/or departure from the airport.
- Acceptance of your booking is subject to each service provider’s standard conditions of acceptance of guests including, but not limited to, conditions in relation to booking, occupancy, payment and checkout that apply at all times.
- Airline Baggage: Some packages may include carry-on baggage only. Checked baggage may be available to purchase at an additional charge. Please contact us for details.
- Airline Meals and Aircraft seating: Please contact us for all meal and aircraft seating requests. Please note that bulkhead seats are generally reserved for families travelling with infants. Exit row seating cannot be reserved by us and is only made available at check-in. Requests may not be guaranteed until check-in and is subject to availability and the airline conditions of carriage. Any special meals if available must also be requested at the time of booking.
- ITINERARY VARIATIONS – Cruise itineraries may be varied by the cruise operator from time to time due to factors such as high or low water levels, flooding, lock closures, unscheduled vessel maintenance or for any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Flight schedule changes: The airlines do have the right to reschedule or cancel flights at ANY time. Please note that the airlines accept no responsibility to accommodate any changes made that don’t suit you. We will use our reasonable endeavours to assist you to rebook on the closest flight time or date available, subject to seat availability. We will not accept responsibility should changes occur nor do we accept responsibility for any additional cost incurred by you to make alterations to your booking to accommodate these changes as these are beyond our control.
- SUPPLIER CHANGES – Many of the bonus inclusions which are incorporated into various packages have no associated costs charge to you the customer i.e. they are ‘free’ inclusions. This includes, but is not limited to, bonus inclusions such as cruises, golf, massages, day tours etc. Should you elect to cancel any component of your package there will be no refund forthcoming or any reduction in the overall package price. Additionally, should any ‘bonus’ inclusions be cancelled by an operator or any such service not be provided to you, no refund will be forthcoming nor will any additional service or compensation be provided unless offered directly to you by the service provider responsible for that service.
- Travel Insurance: The Australian Government advises that all travellers obtain travel insurance prior to travel. The insurance should cover loss of deposit and other monies through cancellation, loss or damage to personal baggage and loss of money, medical expenses, additional expenses to cover hotel accommodation and repatriation costs to Australia should any services need to be extended or curtailed due to illness or other insurable risk. Our reservations team can provide you with general information about travel insurance at the time of booking. If you do not require travel insurance you agree to provide written acknowledgement that a recommendation to obtain travel insurance has been made to you by us.
- PREGNANCY – Guests who are pregnant during a cruise are required to supply a physician’s ‘fit to travel’ note, including your estimated due date, prior to embarkation. The Cruise operators are unable to accept any guests who will have entered their 24th week or later of pregnancy, by the end of the cruise.
- Incorrect Names: You are responsible to supply all passenger names exactly as they appear on your passports. If the spelling of any name itemised on a booking confirmation is different to the name on that person’s passport/photo identification – PLEASE ADVISE US IMMEDIATELY. Failure to provide your correct names may require a re-issue of tickets and other documentation and you accept responsibility for this cost. In some cases you may have to pay more for your ticket if there are no seats available to rebook in the same fare type as the original ticket. Any fees will be the responsibility of the passenger if Holiday Rewards has not been informed of the correct name and spelling at the time of the initial booking. Please note that most airlines treat name changes and route and/or itinerary alterations as FULL CANCELLATION and can incur full cancellation charges.
- LEAVING A CRUISE EARLY – If you are required, or choose, to leave the cruise for any reason (unless caused by our proven negligence or failure to provide services with due care and skill and that are reasonably fit for purpose), we are not responsible for any expenses, including your return home. This also applies if you do not return to the ship in time for sailing after a port visit. If we assist with any costs, you will need to repay us on your return. In addition, you will not be entitled to any refunds.
- Travel Documentation: Your airline E-ticket will be sent to you no later than 30 days prior to your departure date. Travel Documents include (without limitation) airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers or any other document (whether in electronic form or otherwise) used to confirm an arrangement with a service provider. Travel documents may be subject to certain conditions and/or restrictions including (without limitation) being non-refundable, non-date-changeable and subject to cancellation and/or amendment fees. All Travel Documents are non-transferable. We will not be held responsible for tickets and/or documentation lost by a third party. Any charges associated with re-issue and re-sending of tickets and/or documentation will be at your expense.
- Passports are required by all passengers travelling internationally and are always the responsibility of the passenger. Most countries require that foreign nationals entering hold a passport with at least 6 months validity beyond the date of your return to Australia.
- Visas and Vaccinations: Visa and health requirements are the responsibility of all individual travellers. Permanent residents travelling on a foreign passport must hold a valid returning resident Visa. The final responsibility for ensuring documentation is correct and current is that of the individual traveller. Holiday Rewards consultants are not qualified to advise you on vaccinations. Please contact your own doctor for advice, or visit the Travel Doctor website traveldoctor.com.au
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade – Travel Warnings: Holiday Rewards makes no representations as to the safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. For reasons of political unrest, acts of war or terrorism or natural disasters in certain parts of the world the Australian Government in conjunction with various other worldwide bodies may decide to issue a Government Advisory Warning to Australian Passport holders not to travel to that country. In these instances whilst travel to some countries is not advisable and some clauses of the travel insurance coverage may not be effective we appreciate that some travellers may still need to travel to those areas. Whilst we are prepared to make these bookings on your behalf we do so without responsibility or liability. Current travel warnings and other information is available on the Department of Foreign Affairs website at www.smartraveller.gov.au It is recommended that all Australian travellers register their personal details i.e. Passport numbers, contact details in Australia and the countries you will be visiting so that in case of emergency you can be contacted.
- By participating in this offer, unless otherwise advised by you, you consent to the information you provide to RewardsCorp being entered into a database and RewardsCorp may use this information in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to you. All personal details of participants will be stored at RewardsCorp offices. As per the relevant Privacy Legislation, a request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to that office.
- This promotion is governed by and is to be construed under the laws of Queensland.
- The promotion is designed and managed on behalf of the promoter by Resort Rewards Pty Ltd
- (RewardsCorp) of Level One, The Oasis Centre, Victoria Avenue, Broadbeach, Queensland 4218. ACN 123 155 135. Holiday Rewards is a subsidiary company of RewardsCorp Limited. www.RewardsCorp.com ©2014 RewardsCorp. All rights reserved